Tuesday, July 15, 2008

a teacup of heaven





The TWD recipe this week is Chocolate Pudding, and was chosen by Melissa from Its Melissas Kitchen and I suggest you visit her blog immediately to obtain the recipe!!
This pudding is divine. The plain jane name comes nowhere near doing this pudding justice, and lacking a picture in the book this is one recipe I would never have been inspired to try without the prodding of TWD. It is like a dense chocolate mousse (I am not into 'fluffy' chocolate mousse) and has the perfect balance of chocolate/cream/sugar so that it is not cloying or overly rich. It has a superb smooth velvety texture and tastes like it should be a lot naughtier than it actually is.
I halved the recipe and still used a whole egg plus the extra yolk. No full fat milk so I figured a splash of cream and some skinny milk would suffice. Dark chocolate with 72% cocoa. I made two generous teacups of pudding, the first of which was devoured spoonful at a time while it was trying to set in the fridge. This is addictive! The second one had been left alone to chill for a couple of days and was even more delicious, the texture was much denser. I ate this one with a spoonful of sour cream which worked beautifully.
Love it and this one shall be reappearing on the menu again soon, just need to figure out a more enhancing name!

23 comments:

Erin | Naturally Ella said...

I know what you mean by addictive! I wasn't sure I even wanted to make the pudding but once I did, I was licking the bowl. I like the presentation in the cups!

Bumblebutton said...

Your photos clearly demonstrate how creamy the pudding is! Makes me want to swim in your teacup!

Jayne said...

Addictive is right! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I usually skip the recipes without photos, too. Good thing we have TWD to coax us into trying them!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! I'll have to use tea cups next time - clever! ;)

PheMom said...

Beautiful job! I love the empty cup shot - that was almost all I had to take because I couldn't stop eating it! LOL

Jules Someone said...

I love the idea of the coffee cups! Mmmmmm.

kimberly salem said...

it looks delicious, and very cute in the teacups!

Melissa said...

Glad you enjoyed it! Totally addictive!

Linda said...

I was also with spoon at the frig, sampling this delish pudding as it set! :)

allison said...

Your third picture says it all...

Summertime said...

Your pudding looks delish. Love the tea cup idea! I'm totally going to steal it from you :)

Lynne Daley said...

Beautiful presentation.

Steph said...

I agree, it tastes so much richer than it really is.

Carrie said...

wonderfully descriptive. Awesome stuff isn't it??

Heather B said...

Great pictures! yum! It looks delicious! Great job!

Christine said...

So Addictive! Great job!

Kaitlin said...

Great pictures. That last one just about sums this recipe up perfectly--you want to scoop up every last bite.

Pamela said...

Nice job and some really pretty pictures!

Susie Homemaker said...

love the way these look!! nice job!

Tammy said...

I loved it too - great photos and those fab teacups again!

Nickki said...

mmmm, your pudding looks so good! I couldn't agree more, it is v addictive. My children thought it was chocolate mousse :)

Aaliyah said...

Empty bowls are always a good sign. Glad you liked it and yours looks absolutely wonderful and tasty. I look forward to your post next week.