Wednesday, April 2, 2008

a random find...and tin filling




Stumbled across this very cute Emma Bridgewater biscuit tin today at the supermarket of all places... I already have some bits and pieces from her Toast and Marmalade collection so quickly snapped up this wee find which was gracing an aisle end of New World Hokitika!




The occasion clearly demanded bisuits be made, so I tried the recipe for peanut butter and sea salt cookies from Belinda Jeffery's Mix and Bake (yes I do own other cook books, am just going through a phase!) I love the combination of salty and sweet, these cookies were good.


peanut butter and sea salt cookies

180g butter
1/3 c brown sugar
1/3 c castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
110g peanut butter
2 c flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c salted peanuts chopped
sea salt to sprinkle - I used Pacific flaky salt
Cream the butter and sugars in the food processor. Add the vanilla and egg and combine well, then the peanut butter. Pulse in the dry ingredients only enough to combine. Mix in the chopped peanuts by hand. Roll dough into a log, wrap and chill for a couple of hours until it can be easily sliced. Slice, sprinkle cookies with sea salt to taste and bake at 150c for approx 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I love the tin, might have to pick one up when I'm next at Hokitika New World!