Monday, April 28, 2008

back to market...

I was in Christchurch in the weekend so I made a reappearance at the farmers market on Saturday morning. My Nelson fruit purchases provided inspiration...on the menu were quince and pear crumbles with oats and almonds, spiced apple shortcake (picture above) sticky date puddings with toffee sauce (of course) and pear and gingerbread upside down puddings. It was a beautiful day and a busy market, with lots of stalls, it was nice to be back!


Also made little chocolate and roast almond cookies, and little gingerbread loaves with the extra gingerbread mixture from the puddings.


And date and caramello slice as always....

1 comment:

David Horgan said...

Good to see that you're back @ the market. Photos are looking good as always Becky. I'm off to the FS in Wellington in a couple of weeks that should be fun - let you know if I pick up any ideas you can use! :-)