Monday, April 21, 2008

giant feijoas and jesters

I have just spent the weekend up around Nelson. I love the Nelson area and all the farmgate fruit stalls. We picked up braeburn apples, pears, and lots and lots of feijoas, all at bargain prices. Some of the feijoas are enormous, I am having to restrain myself to wait for them to ripen a little more.The market was on at Motueka so we called in. This is not a farmers markets as there was a lot of flea market stuff but some interesting food stalls that were worth a look, and a good vege stall, where I bought these red onions.

We stopped for a coffee at Jester House Cafe near Motueka. This place is very cute. They had a quince tree full of fruit with lots on the ground that they let me collect and take home. Apparently their chef had more than enough quinces to deal with already...


Their hot chocolates are presented as below, whether you are four or forty...when at Jesters I guess...It was a nice place to sit, with lovely gardens and next time I would have lunch there. (We went to the Mapua wharf for fish and chips...)


No comments: