Tuesday, August 5, 2008

a banana loaf

Another week, another TWD recipe...this time for Black and White banana loaf chosen by Ashlee of A Year In The Kitchen . I followed the recipe for this almost to the t (couldn't resist adding a handful of chopped dark chocolate to the chocolate half of the batter!) I thought this loaf was....okay. The texture of my loaf was rather dense and it had quite a thick crust on it. Maybe my bananas weren't quite ripe enough. The marbling didn't turn out quite like Dorie's picture either...in the meantime the loaf has been relegated to the freezer. I have bigger things planned for it in the form of a chocolate and banana pudding...cubed banana loaf soaked in chocolate custard and packed into ramekins with a filling of chocolate ganache tucked inside. Watch this space.

13 comments:

Nickki said...

mmmm, I do like the sound of that banana pudding idea. I put half of my loaf in the freezer for a later date, so I might just have to try this, thanks!

Pamela said...

Oh boy, your plans for the bread so very tempting. Looking forward to it!

Sihan said...

wonderful! i love your naughty plans for the loaf later. Thanks for the great idea!

Jules Someone said...

I agree with the "just ok" part. I never thought about banana bread pudding with it. Mmmmm.

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Sounds good!

Mari said...

I must say that your banana loaf make-over sounds like a winner! I wasn't particularly taken with this recipe.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love the idea of using this for pudding. Sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHH please post the pudding soon! That sounds unbelievable!

Tammy said...

I love all the things you are going to do with your loaf! I quite liked this loaf though

Rigby said...

Your cake looks delish!

Engineer Baker said...

That pudding sounds like a delicious way to use up a sub-par baked good. I'll wait anxiously and impatiently :)

Jayne said...

The pudding sounds wonderful...I'll keep watching!

Anonymous said...

This one wasn't one of my favorites, either. Bring on the ice cream!