Tuesday, August 19, 2008

energy cookies


Cookies this week for TWD...granola grabbers picked by Michelle of Bad Girl Baking. These are the sort of cookies (we try to justify to ourselves) that lean towards the healthy side of the treat spectrum because they contain a virtuous ingredient such as wheatgerm. Not so healthy I'm afraid but very yummy...and packed full of energy and at least a little fibre. Using granola instead of raw oats mean they are extra crunchy and have a fantastic texture. I used some homemade honey toasted muesli that had a mix of rolled oats, pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds. The cookies were quite sweet, next time I would cut the sugar down slightly. Couldn't bring myself to use raisins so chunks of dark chocolate instead, although in hindsight the raisins may have been pretty good...

15 comments:

Shelby said...

I think this is a recipe that can be played around with quite a bit and still turn out awesome! Your cookies look delicious!

Anonymous said...

ooh, pumpkin and sesame seeds, that's a great idea! i want to try that next time.

Jules Someone said...

Homemade granola in your homemade cookies? Wow. Those look really good.

Anonymous said...

Yay for homemade honey! I really like the idea of dark chocolate in these. Nice work.

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

All those seeds sound like a really good addition!

Hannah

Engineer Baker said...

The homemade muesli sounds fabulous, and chunks of dark chocolate are always a good thing.

Christine said...

Your cookies look delicious and I love all the combos that can be used!

Linda said...

Your homemade granola sounds fantastic on its own! I also initially thought healthy until I noticed the two sticks of butter!:p

Anonymous said...

Oh, these look really good. Bring on the chunks!

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures! My mouth is watering!

Sharon said...

Yum....looks great.

Pamela said...

With the way I inhaled these, they are not the least bit healthy!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Your cookies look deluxe! I used dried sour cherries instead of raisins and I liked the flavor.

Judy said...

There was a lot of butter in these (in most of the book's recipes!) I used splenda and made my own sugar free granola. The adaptions are on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Love your recipes, the homemade granola sounds amazing! Check out this ready to bake Energy Cookie Mix! Available in a Diet and Vegan recipe!

www.energycookiemix.com